Skip to main content

Topic: Hey guys, new to PDX and finally back into a VW.  (Read 1448 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey guys, new to PDX and finally back into a VW.
Hey guys,

I moved from NYC to NE Portland this past summer and recently I was able to pick up an 82 Rabbit diesel after a brief stint w/ an 84 GLi. This was my first mk1 but I've had a bunch of mk2s, a rocco, fox, and an mk4 gti. Used to be pretty active in the New England vw show scene and actually helped start Wolfsgart which was a VT euro show.

I just came across a great deal on an 81 4d gasser rabbit. Runs, 89k original miles, body in great shape but the interior is nasty. Originally just stole the near mint condition amber corner lights and rear bumper but before I strip it, I've been thinking about saving it as a VR project for next winter.

I can't wait to meet up w/ some of the locals and check out some of the car shows this summer. Any suggestions or regular meets in the area?

Anyway, here are some pics of my lago blue rabbit and my cashmere white 81 parts car/project:

Couple slightly older shots:

• Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:15:04 PM by hibernatingbear

• nickdesantis
  • [*][*][*]
  • Type lll

Re: Hey guys, new to PDX and finally back into a VW.
Reply #1
Hey HB, Welcome!  Glad to see you here!  Nice cars! :crig4:
"I drive, therefor I am."
                              - Unknown Gearhead

Reply #2
Welcome to the site!
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #3
Welcome to the site, Yo!
My first VW love was a slammed '78 Mk1.
Always fun to go for a drive in.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.