Skip to main content

Topic: JBJetta's Drop Box (Read 104786 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JBJetta's Drop Box
Reply #540
All fabbed up Josh

Reply #541
Found these gems at my community wide garage sale this morning. Complete with boxes and still full of aftershave  :headbang:

Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #542
I don't think anyone took them out of the boxes and used the aftershave. My mom brought me over about 8 of those a few years ago. Some red some black. one dune buggy, and some other car as well. Some she had bought new, some from garage sales.
Folkswerks.com
Cultwagen.com

Gangsta Dork

Reply #543
I don't think I have ever seen the box for the dune buggy.  Nice score!
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #544
Well had a rough go at trying to make it to the cruise over to the movie night thingy on Saturday. Passenger side axle nut came loose and stripped out the splines in a German T3 hub.

Got this issue all fixed and buttoned up  :2up: I didn't know that the T3 4 lug drums were a two part drum/hub system. Makes it easy to service the rear brakes without having to loosen the axle nuts  :headbang:

Good thing I decided to check the other side... The axle nut was tight... It appears to be seeping gear oil around the bearing cover. Looks like someone else has been in there with some of the orange goo  :2down: Hoping to get to getting those seals and brake shoes replaced Saturday before the bday bash on Sunday. Ugh.

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #545
Sadly I have decided to part ways with the Fasty. Been a nice car to have. Just really not an air-cooled fan atm. Wanted to dabble with them and I've had some fun. Really want to get back into a nice diesel or vr6 water-cooled car. Down the road I'll pick up another air-cooled I'm sure.

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #546
NOW THAT IS CRAZY TALK!!!!!!
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #547

NOW THAT IS CRAZY TALK!!!!!!

I get that a lot  :cheers2:

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #548
That is because it is crazy talk.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #549
I have a tentative trade this weekend already. Looks to be a nice car. Guy is bringing it up from Arizona to trade. I'll be a real JBJetta again if it all works out  :2up:

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #550
Good luck on that Josh, time you had something FUN to work on. I hope this works out for you. Bad taste on your part, but good wishes none the less.  :2up:
Steve

69 Bug - daily driver
75 Riviera - for sale

Reply #551

Bad taste on your part,

I have a strong feeling that I will never hear the end of this from everyone  :rotflmao:

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #552
That Suck Josh Bug I Get It...  Well At Least This Thread Will Finally Get Back On Track.  Biggest Thread Jack Ever :rotflmao: :haha:

Reply #553

I have a strong feeling that I will never hear the end of this from everyone  :rotflmao:

That's for sure.  lol  Awesome ride, and you're itchin' to offload it.  Can always change your mind and roll' around with me some more before it's too late.   :wink: 

Hope your new ride is as cool as the Fasty, but I doubt it.    :rotflmao:   Put the fasty away for a while, and sell something else.   :cheers:
-Raleigh-

`58 Rag  
`56 Euro Oval
`67 sunroof (gone)

Reply #554

That is because it is crazy talk.

:agree:, but have fun with whatever you get, and wish you well with your new project!   :cheers:
-Raleigh-

`58 Rag  
`56 Euro Oval
`67 sunroof (gone)