Skip to main content

Topic: Website very buggy and not playing nice (Read 2372 times) previous topic - next topic

Website very buggy and not playing nice
Sooo.....I am about 3/4 of the way thru a re-write. This will not affect you all as far as signing in or things of that nature but seeing as some folks are having trouble with IE7, and the messages double post, and you can't seem to put pics in srticles and such, I decided to take matters into my own hands and rip this thing down and put up a new one. THis will not affect the site in anyway and most likely you will not even know it has happend until you show up and the theme is different.

If all goes well sometime in the next day or so you will show up and it will look a bit different, that is your visual clue that I made the switch. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't think they have gone nuts.

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #1
Right!

Like the other day... I was cruising the site, enjoying the content, checking out the VW pics and all of a sudden the fan on my CPU died and I overheated my computer.  Fortunately I had an extra fan belt, so I was up and running again pretty quick, but I blame it on the buggy website.

Reply #2
First question I have is...Why do you have a fan belt in your computer?

As for the overheat,,,that was the infamous cruise the site and go down in flames bug.

Anyway...that should be fixed here in a day or two. Until then make sure the tension on that belt is tight and that there is no more than a 1/4 inch of play.  You may also consider putting your computer on a wheel and spinning it to force air thru it there by creating an air cooled system :-) Of course I would recommend water cooling as it is much more efficiant, but I know that it's not for begginers ;-o

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #3
Well, everyone knows that aircooled CPUs are more reliable than watercooled CPUs.  :)  If I broke a hose on a water-cooled CPU, my system would still be down due to the water damage and need to find duct tape to fix the leak.... with air-cooled I just swap out the belt!  :)

I AM looking for a picture of a bug engine on fire if anyone has one.....

Reply #4
Thanks for the new look OldsCool.  You are doing a killer job on the site.  I appreciate it.

Now, let's talk about what happened to the picture of my car on the main page.... :(
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #5
Straight on was the only shot I had get me a side view and I'll put it back.