Skip to main content

Topic: VW "Aircooled" Shop Day @ Duane's (Read 6357 times) previous topic - next topic

VW "Aircooled" Shop Day @ Duane's
Reply #15
tHANKS FOR ADDING TO THE HOPE OF ANOTHER GET TOGETHER.  iT HAS BEEN ABOUT TEN YEARS SINCE I HAVE DONE ANY WORK ON AN AIR COOLED ENGINE.  tO BE HONEST I AM NOT EXACTLY SURE OF ANYTHING ABOUT THE VERT EXCEPT THAT IT IS A 77 KARMIN, IT RUNS EXCELENT,IS FUEL INJECTED, AND IT IS WHITE. I BOUGHT IT FOR MY WIFE AS A BIG 40th BIRTHDAY GIFT AND I HAVEN'T SEEN IT SINCE.  SHE IS either DRIVING IT OR HAS IT UNDER A COVER.  I AM SORT OF WORRIED SHE MIGHT START KISSING THE CAR INSTEAD OF ME.  SHE LOVES IT SO I FEEL LIKE THE HERO, ALL IS WELL....can somebody direct me to a referance for drum to disk conversion?  Thanks

Reply #16
HOLY!!!! Why are you yelling? We would listen to you even if you talk quitely.  :D

Reply #17
I still need a battery tray welded in eventually thats one project hehe
Quote from: "TotallyVW"
These "Shop Days" are fun and I wouldn't mind more of them myself.  If anyone would like to host one that would be fine.  Once my race car is done and my garage is a little cleaner I would gladly host another (had one last summer). 

...what kind of "vert" GT?

Reply #18
GT, I like www.cip1.com for online parts.  There are many sites out there (just open a Hot VW's), but I have had great luck with these folks.  They have a huge selection and a really nice built in search function that helps narrow things down to your make and model.  Locally, the guys at Discount Import Parts are always good to work with and Rose City Volksters club members are eligable for a discount. 

Sorry to hear about your vert.  Perhaps you might get an opprotunity to see it every few months when it needs an oil change :wink:
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #19
weelllll krrappp!

i so missed out on the fun. 

and as for getting your disc brakes on sometime in the future one of the shop days will be back on my super which has every thing you need to see on it.  we still have to do the rear brake conversion with the e-brake option.  the fronts have been done already.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Do it again, do it again!!
Reply #20
Sounds like a good time! I would host except that my place would suck for such a thing- since being in North Portland, I have one of those typical sidebyside driveways with a neighbor that is five cars long with no room for nuttin', and a steep hump up at the end... I've got all kinds of this's and that's to work on but can never seem to find the time to get away from responsibilities and expectations to work on them- one of these get-togethers would be an excellent excuse to get up on somma-dat! I also like DIP on McLoughlin best, and I use both www.cip.com & www.cbperformance.com for parts online.

I've got a little list of my own bug project is-shooz & stuff.. posted under air cooled topic Hans-terville.