Topic: Revs 71 (Read 74251 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Revs 71
Reply #450
couple of pics from the annual "lets get the tree day"

1971 Super Beetle

Reply #451
Looking good sir!  :cheers2:

I got to only do that once in one of my bugs ... I didn't get to keep them long enough to do it more than that  :2down:
Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #452

First Bug... First VW delivered Xmas tree.

Took the Bus out to pick up the tree last year.  It's always fun turning heads.   :wink:
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #453
 :headbang:

First Bug... First VW delivered Xmas tree.

Took the Bus out to pick up the tree last year.  It's always fun turning heads.   :wink:
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #454
Finally getting some work done on the '63.  Gotta get this interior out so I can get the body off and cleaned and ready for paint...and I have to replace the pans.   Note the classic PO fix for a hole in the floor..... :nono:

1971 Super Beetle

Reply #455
more ....

passenger floor....its coming out too...just the back half though

Just about ready to lift the body off
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #456
Have you found a place locally to have it painted? And where is it. I need some estimates.
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

Reply #457
I haven't looked much yet.  I am probably going to go over to the Maaco I have heard good things about from the vw community...over in Vancouver I think.  Im a couple months from painting I think
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #458
Got the body separated and the pan off.  Working on getting the new pans on now.  Worst thing I have found so far is a mammoth mouse nest throughout the entire tunnel.  I am thinking about going with Eastwoods inside-the-frame system to make sure I don't have rust issues down the road from whatever the mice were doing in there.

some artsy fartsy fun
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #459
"Got the body separated and the pan off.  Working on getting the new pans on now.  Worst thing I have found so far is a mammoth mouse nest throughout the entire tunnel.  I am thinking about going with Eastwoods inside-the-frame system to make sure I don't have rust issues down the road from whatever the mice were doing in there."

I'm doing a body-off-the-pan Karmann Ghia resto. I had the same concern about rust. I used Waxoyl https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxoyl
I bought this kit from Bus Depot. Material and spray system. http://www.busdepot.com/j11333

Reply #460
thanks.  Sounds like it would be a top coat kind of treatment after dealing with the rust that has already formed.

sounds like a decent product
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #461
Finally getting something worth posting again....

I had a great year at the bug run.  Picked up some fenders for the '63 and found a frame from a 50's era Allstate single wheel trailer for a price that I couldn't pass up.

The Wheel bearings have been a bear to find but I finally got em pieced together.

I found brackets too but the guy wanted almost as much for them as I paid for the trailer...so I decide to make my own.

I also put this together in the last few months....it was a nice diversion
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #462
Some Trailer stuph

Trying to find the grease seal for the hub of this thing is impossible...so I had to get creative.

1971 Super Beetle