Skip to main content

Topic: End of the line for Dubs & Donuts at Tigard Plaza (Read 1519 times) previous topic - next topic

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

End of the line for Dubs & Donuts at Tigard Plaza
On November 19th, 2011 - the first Dubs & Donuts was held.  The idea and motivation was to encourage people to drive their VWs at least once per month throughout the year.  For over three years we've had an informal gathering of VWs on the third Saturday of each month at Tigard Plaza. 

The number of attendees varied from just a handful of folks during the coldest months to over 45 cars this past weekend.  We've policed our own people, kept the trash picked up, generally left by 11am, and spent money with the local businesses.  It was more successful than we ever imagined it would be.

However - for the past year or more - there has been some ongoing tension with a business owner in the plaza that was not happy with us being there.  The business owner has repeatedly petitioned the property manager, taken pictures of our cars on the property, and attempted to intimidate us by words and actions.

Unfortunately, we have become victims of our own success.  The record turnout this past weekend ended up being the tipping point.  The Tigard Plaza property manager contacted me this morning to inform us that we can no longer use the property for this gathering.

As you can imagine, finding a suitable replacement location could take some time.  While we search for a new location, please consider attending the Portland Cars & Coffee gathering that happens between 8am and 11am every Saturday behind the Starbucks at 15350 SW Sequoia Parkway in Tigard.

Please share this post!  Finally - with three years of Dubs & Donuts behind us - please share any pictures you might have of the event for all to enjoy!

Re: End of the line for Dubs & Donuts at Tigard Plaza
Reply #1
That's a bummer. I finally show up to a dubs and donuts and it's the last one for awhile. It was really nice meeting everyone and seeing their cars. Hopefully we can find a new place to meet soon.

Reply #2
I heard a rumor that the March Dubs and Doughnuts will be at the Starbucks "Cars and Coffee" By the Tigard Home Depot
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #3

That's a bummer. I finally show up to a dubs and donuts and it's the last one for awhile. It was really nice meeting everyone and seeing their cars. Hopefully we can find a new place to meet soon.

Nobody said it will be the last one for any amount of time...
Just a new venue that we are going to crash for some time...
So I switched the location to the Cars and Coffee event.
We will not even miss a beat.

If you are on the Facebook.
Here is the linkage....
https://www.facebook.com/events/859575034102875
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.