Skip to main content

Topic: Bruce Rodgers (Read 1510 times) previous topic - next topic

Bruce Rodgers
It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of long-time club member Bruce Rodgers. Bruce has been a solid member for as long as I can remember and attended just about every meeting up until the last year when his health started giving him more trouble.  Bruce passed away Sunday morning from the effects of cancer. The RCV will try to keep in contact with his family with regard to the funeral or memorial service and pass along that information when it is revealed.
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Re: Bruce Rodgers
Reply #1
that is a major bummer.  he will be missed.  

as different as he was i will always remember him sitting at his table on the right side of the room fourth table in.  

the second or third meeting i came to he asked me out of know where "Peter do you know what year they stopped putting semaphores in the beetles?" i barely knew what a semaphore was.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #2
This is very sad news indeed, I had just asked at the last meeting why we hadn't seen Bruce at the last couple meetings.

I would like to suggest that at the next meeting we leave that table empty and burn an Oil or Kerosene lantern in the German tradition.

Does anyone have a picture of Bruce and a oil or Kerosene lantern?

Reply #3
Great idea O.C! Not sure about having an open flame in the resturant, but I have a battery operated lattern that we could use.
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #4
I think that would be just fine.  :|

Reply #5
Quote from: "OldsCool";p="6682"
This is very sad news indeed, I had just asked at the last meeting why we hadn't seen Bruce at the last couple meetings.

I would like to suggest that at the next meeting we leave that table empty and burn an Oil or Kerosene lantern in the German tradition.

Does anyone have a picture of Bruce and a oil or Kerosene lantern?

wow man i was thinking the exact same thing but couldnt type it (dang lap top still not runing the forum)

I only met bruce a couple times but he seemed to be a jolly fella always interested to hear what you were doing on your car (air or water) and talking about his car or cars he had.

will be missed

couldnt we do a candle?? a larger one though not like a birthday candle.. you'd think they do it there for the b-day parties and what not. either way a memorial of some shape is definatly needed :(

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #6
I didn't get much of a chance to know him, but I recall him being one of the only people to show up to the monthly club dinners/brunches.  If my memory serves me, he was doing some pretty extreme stuff with a project he was working on... shortening a Beetle and I believe sectioning the roof for a chop.  I used to see him driving his Bug around Hillsboro all the time (with stinger).  He will be missed.