getting a job. moving...time for life to slow down
and i run out buy
welder and stuff for that welder
18v drill/driver and reciprocating saw
200$ parts to make my bug run and drivable
120$ in sheet metal to fix the front end of the body

time to rock and roll

my 65 shall be on the road soon
10mpg suburban and commuting from mcminnville to grand ronde.. is just too much gas moneys

cheers

Michael

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Re: So..life has slowed down
Reply #1
it seems like you should get better than 10 mpg out of your suburban.  we have a 95 and it gets 10 in the city where we do most of our driving, but i drove it to the station anf filled it up.  then to salem from tigard and back to the same gas station and it showed i got 19.6 mpg.

glad to here you are doing well and still plugging away at your bug.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #2
Quote from: "azilla";p="6252"

So will we see you in your '65 at the March club meeting?  8)

(no pressure  :wink: )
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #3
it seems like you should get better than 10 mpg out of your suburban.  we have a 95 and it gets 10 in the city where we do most of our driving, but i drove it to the station anf filled it up.  then to salem from tigard and back to the same gas station and it showed i got 19.6 mpg.

its the suburban with the gas guzzling 7 liter  454 in it.. I just know the gas milage  is 10 in town then on the hwy goes up maybe a couple more mpg.. plan on still on doin a little basic tune up after the bug is running

Quote from: "TotallyVW";p="6256"
Quote from: "azilla";p="6252"

So will we see you in your '65 at the March club meeting?  8)

(no pressure  :wink: )

Possibly.. all my stuff comes via ups and fedex tommorow... hope to have engine ready to toss in the car by tues and get that little guy running.. then either tuesday if i am so lucky and it starts up, or weds start on the body work, which probably will be the hardest cause i am pretty damn new to welding in general. but my little lincoln mig should be a good starting place..

I should have put in for PTO for next week

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #4
ahhh we test drove one of those too.  i decided that i didnt need it cause it was not that much more powerful than the 350 that i have now.  i tried to power brake the 454 and it just stalled out the converter and nothing more.  thats all the one we have does and well thats ok.  i have a throttle body spacer for it but have yet to put it in.  i also have a transmisson shift improver i have yet to install yet also that will help with the mpg.

when doing your tuneup dont forget to change the fuel filter and oxygen sensor.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #5
hey good luck with the bug. if you need any help let me know. and by the way i am commuting from sheridan to mac everyday in my 1971 super beetle and that hurts bad enough on the wallet, so i feel your pain. not to mention that $3.31 a gallon is bulls--t.

Reply #6
THIS IS TRUE