Skip to main content

Topic: 68 VW Fastback Project (Read 26207 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 68 VW Fastback Project
Reply #150
Happy New Year all!

Been driving the car during my time off and it has been fun. I adjusted the steering and I got the play out of it and it handless much better.  Even took the wife for a spin and she really enjoyed it. She says "it's so cute!".  I also took it to the body shop were I had it painted and they were pretty excited to see it.  Finally getting to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #151
That is awesome what you have done for your car in such a short time.
Way to go the man!
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #152
Thanks Catbox.  It did put my share of hours into it.  But I also outsourced a lot which really speeds things up.

Weather permitting (this is a fair weather girl) I will bring it to Dubs and Donuts.

Reply #153
Took another nice drive today.  Car is running and handling very nice.  It is a real pleasure to drive on the backroads.

One other thing I finished is the frunk restoration.  I used hardboard as a base and got vinyl from SMS Fabrics that is a perfect match.

Before and after.

Reply #154
That looks amazing!  Very nice job !!
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

Reply #155
Been working on the rear trunk.  Almost done.

Before and after.

Reply #156
Also got my CocoMats from CocoMats.com.  It took a long time to get them because they sent me their patterns and they were not correct to the ones I had seen.  Everett from the Samba traced his and sent me some patterns.  I tweaked his patterns and now Cocomats.com have some really nice patterns in case you want to buy some.  Not the cheapest place around but their customer service is excellent.  They really want to make sure the customer is happy with the end product.

Reply #157
I have been getting the car ready for the Bug Run.  Finally cut/buffing the paint.  Hard work when you hand sand but comes out great.  Not trying to get it completely flat but taking out the majority of the orange peel and the dust nibs.