66 Baja

Certified Project addict

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

The Catbox files...
Reply #31
Bigger Kadrons?  Tell me more!
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #32
from the lowbugget.com website

"if you need to drop a jet size, you could go up in venturie to free up some hidden horse power.
If Your motor is larger than  1600cc, the stock 28 mm venturie  is restricting your motors proformance.
All the Kadron's come with a 40mm throttle bodies and  only 28mm venturies out of the box new or used.
This setup works great on small displacement, slow air speed motors. ( like the stock cam 1600cc )
But if your motor has more compression,  a performance cam, larger in  displacement or ported heads
take advantage of changing the venturies.
28.0 (stock)  30.0  31.0  32.0  and larger are available"

and

"The 46mm IDK Power Kit.
So you are thinking of getting rid of your carbs because your building a bigger motor or the 40mm
kadrons you have now are just not enough. What if you could just upgrade your carbs that you have now.
How does 46mm sound ? The new LowBugget.com Power kits.
The kit includes:
(2) NEW BIG 46mm throttle bodies that allredy come with Urethane/vinyl  and 1/4" brass bushings.
(2) new C&C venturies of any size to fit your motor combo, these are specially designed to work
with the 46 mm throttle bodies.30mm to 40mm
(2)  Idle jets of any size, 50,  55,  60, 65. 70, 75, 80
(2) main jets of any size, 125,  130,  135,  140,  145,  150,  155,  160,  165, 170, 175, 180, 185,190
(1) Air Top kit that adds up to 7cfm,
(1) Vent Kit that will allow you to run as hard as you want without that stumble that has plagued the Kadrons. 
All the gaskets to make it an easy swap from the stock 40 to a 46 IDK.
Changes to your manifolds should be made to run this kit.Ask for help.
$199.99 with all the instructions.
Labor options for your Kadrons.

The 48mm IDK Power Kit.
Now we are talking big! this kit is for all out racing and not for small low rpm motors.
For street use, you should run vacuum advance. click here for info about SVDA for kadrons.
This kit will flow over 360cfm each and suport over 180hp and a lot of tourq with the write manifold.
We can  make the changes to the carbs to suport more power. click here for info. and seting up.
The kit includes:
(2) BIG 48mm throttle bodies that allredy come with Urethane/vinyl  and 1/4" brass bushings.
(2) new C&C venturies of any size to fit your motor combo, these are specially designed to work
with the 46/48 mm throttle bodies.30mm to 40mm
(2)  Idle jets of any size, 50,  55,  60, 65. 70, 75, 80
(2) main jets of any size, 125,  130,  135,  140,  145,  150,  155,  160,  165, 170, 175, 180, 185,190
(1) Air Top kit that adds up to 7cfm,
(1) Vent Kit that will allow you to run as hard as you want without that stumble that has plagued the Kadrons. 
All the gaskets to make it an easy swap from the stock 40 to a 48 IDK kit.
Changes to your manifolds should be made to run this kit.Ask for help.
$249.99  Call for info."

sounds like fun to me, the look of a small simple set up but the performance i am looking for.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

The Catbox files...
Reply #33
I'll order, who's gonna help me put em in? :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :roll:  :roll:  :?:

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #34
you better have a big hungry motor to put those on (insert chicago bears accent)'der buddie oh yeah!
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

The Catbox files...
Reply #35
I gotta bigger one 'dan you do nanneer nanner nanner!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Egine 'dat is!! :roll:

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

The Catbox files...
Reply #36
Larry, I think we would both be better off just getting the bigger venturies...
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

The Catbox files...
Reply #37
Dude, that's what I was thinkin' uhhuhu (quoteing the Jack in the box commercial)

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #38
Quote from: "newbie2vw"
I gotta bigger one 'dan you do nanneer nanner nanner!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Egine 'dat is!! :roll:

(as catbox stares at the ground and kicks at rocks) it might be bigger than mine but at least i can spell engine... :evil:

The Catbox files...
Reply #39
Hey I was trying to help corrado Jeff feel like he is in the right company!!! :twisted:  :D

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #40
so i was drivin the car with the fam" in the car and went over some of those "speed humps"....i was just going over it in a slow manner when slam and grind happened as we crested the mound it went away.

well here comes the next one so we'll go a little slower this time.  it went over with the same results slam'n'grind.  at this point my wife was irritated because it was happening just below her feet.  when we got near our destination there was one more in our way and this time i pretty much stoped and put into 1st gaer and just creeped over it with no problems.

when we all piled out of the car i looked and sure enough the tow hook was the culprit.  as i have been drivin my car the new suspension has been settling and as a result it is now low enough to drive the tow hook into the speed bumps.

it is time to adjust the hool with the floor jack.

The Catbox files...
Reply #41
Quote from: "CatBox"

when we all piled out of the car i looked and sure enough the tow hook was the culprit.  as i have been drivin my car the new suspension has been settling and as a result it is now low enough to drive the tow hook into the speed bumps.

it is time to adjust the hool with the floor jack.

Huh? Tow hook? Wha? 

Adjust the thingamawha?

:?
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #42
there is a little tow hook under the car and its to low.  Sooo i will put the jack under it and lift the car by the hook (simple loop of round rod) and adjust its position in realation to the ground by force. :wink:

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #43
well ihave been out in the garage now for the last three nap times or about six hours and have finishsed the port matching of my new kadron manifolds to my existing heads gaskets.

ahhh crrrap i started this post way to late and now have to enjoy some of Cheveys finest chicken queadillas.  off to dinner with my brother and sister in law.  and then off to see a rock cocert with just my brother, it is his guitar teacher and his band Wester Ariel at Berbati's pan.

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

The Catbox files...
Reply #44
well i just got back from the show, great as usual.  cheveys was also good and does not disapoint.

back to subject at hand, so have finished cleaning up all the casting process issues i could see with the manifolds top and bottom.  or on the head side and carb side.  i ground out the ridges where the flat flange area connects to the intake pipe on all four ports and under the carb pad where it goesdown and suddenly widens out.  the air fuel mixture doesnt like to turn corners like that so every thing has nice smooth transitions now. 

i also didnt like the cast in EMPI on the side of the manifolds and erased that little pock mark while i was at it.  quick work with a 4" grinder and a file to smooth it out.

to finish it off i have painted them both in GM satin black and they look great. 

i also scrubbed off the pound of scounge from the air cleaners and they are shiny again.  the base plates were painted some funky green with bright yellow underneath that.  VHT make some of the slickest paint remover i have used called Strip Fast.  by the time i had covered the first one in it, it had already started to bubble and lift the old paint.  i took the newly stripped parts into the garage and proceeded to shine their dull finishes into a lovely shiny surface.  i had already done the lids and then went onto the filter screens.  when i am done the only things in the engine compartment that will be shiny  will be the air cleaners.  i am going to spray the body of my distibutor in the same satin black as well as everything else on the top side except the breather box i got from Kev that i just rembered i have.  the under side will also have some aluminum valve covers that match the box. 

i cant wait to get it back togther and ready to go.