Skip to main content

Topic: The Nacho Chronicles (Read 9983 times) previous topic - next topic

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Re: The Nacho Chronicles
Reply #30
The Oohga horn gets idiots attention as it is not a normal sound.....

Ask me how I know.

I also do not think that he is driving his auto just yet.
I believe there are still things to tidy up, but alas I could be wrong-o!
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #31

I could not tell you if it did have a roof rack.
My husband said the same thing about a horn so this wk. end when I take a break from
homework I'll take a run up to HF. see what is available :headbang: hate driving without a horn especially
when I come upon an ass :pissed:
they have the ogah , and a cuple air horns tho honestly there air horns sound like you ran over a clown

Reply #32
I need to get new tags for it, and clean up some odds and ends.

And it has no horn
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

Reply #33

I need to get new tags for it, and clean up some odds and ends.

And it has no horn

i need tags on mine too and gettit running right and hook my horn up (installed it ran the wire just havent put switch in yet

Reply #34
Duane came over this morning to lend a helping and knowledge, after three hours, the bug is alive again. Duane took some videos of the finished product, he said he'd post them later. I was able to get a small "bark" out of the back tires from 1st to 2nd  :2up:

Thanks Duane. Now time for some tunes
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #35
Here's Nacho pulling out of the driveway for the first time.  He's having a problem with lack of power and loud backfiring coming as he drove up the street. 

http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/buginu2/?action=view&current=0005d9fc.mp4

Once he returned I was able to fix the backfiring (heat risers not fastened with two bolts - exhaust leak) and lack of power (plug wires for #1 and #2 reversed).  Also adjusted the carbs a little.  Sounds and runs much better now....

http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/buginu2/?action=view&current=71a6fab2.mp4

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #36
Vary nioce!

'bout time that bucket ran!
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #37
Time to dust the cobwebs off this post and post something. I am still around, just lurking in the shadows for now. Since my surgery and a few days before that, I was looking at baywindow buses, sell my beetle and go bay. Found a few I liked, even the wife was interested. Then came a dark cloud, my wife said "you aren't buying anything right now." She said that for two reasons. First, can't drive a stick with a broken leg, Second, my F150 has some water damage that needs my attention (dam third brake ligth seal.)

So, as I sit here at work tapping my index finger to my chin as I look at the sky wondering what to do, it dawns on me; lower the back of the car, sell the big meaty tires on the back for smaller ones, get smaller tires for the front and then drop that ass. Since I rarely drive it, the tires are some what still new (plenty of tread.) If anyone is interested in the tires, I'll get the dimensions and PM you.

Also, should I add a stereo to it, or just use headphones like I've doing when I drive it?  :dontknow:
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

Reply #38
If you are trying to make it more appealing to the potential buyer you may want a decent stereo.  Not totally sold on the need to "drop that ass" but it could peak some interest with the younger crowd.   Just my :cents:.
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #39
Maybe I'll take a trip to "Outragous Audio" this weekend
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #40
Use Crutchfield.com like I told you before....
Better stuff and great deals to be found.

Reply #41
But I decide to sell the beetle for a bus, I'd rather have good stuff for the bus
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

Reply #42
As many as you know, I sold my 68 beetle over the summer. Last weekend me and my family drove to the Tri Cities and adopted a 1957 oval, we call the car "Rusty" (least I do.) Many questions have been asked, gonna lower it?, paint it or patina it? What size motor? I will post a pictures of Rusty soon  :driving:

I'm leaving it patina (for now), it will be lowered with a narrowed beam and disk brakes, Motor-I don't know. Right now all the numbers match.
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

Reply #43
awesome.  seriously.   :cheers2:
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #44
Very cool!
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!