Skip to main content

Topic: The Nacho Chronicles (Read 8780 times) previous topic - next topic

The Nacho Chronicles
It is I, Nacho. Here to chronicle what ever I do to my car. Here is the first of hopefully many posts. Today I took the tin Duane gave me and I primired it then painted it. Macco has nothing on me
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Re: The Nacho Chronicles
Reply #1
Once for rust and twice for dust, eh?

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #2
What color are they to be???
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #3
A orange color. I hope I like it
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #4
 :ttwwop:

You have a smart phone, find the photobucket app and use it.

:2up:
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #5

:ttwwop:

You have a smart phone, find the photobucket app and use it.

:2up:

:beat_deadhorse:

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #6

:beat_deadhorse:

Here we go...

This is the best picture I could think of to start this off with....
Nacho cleaning the car firewall before he applies the new sound deadener.

I had him take out his cheese grater fire wall so that we could cut it to fit right.  The PO just bought it and stuffed it in there.  I made a template when I cut mine so that they fit with out blocking the rear engine seal.  He didn't like cutting it....

Here is his naked prize, plucked fresh the night before from my running car.  We pulled it the night before, starting at just before 8 pm and finished and on the way home at 12 pm.  We were jibber jabbering for a while, it actually took us about three hours to do the job.

We sent him home with an engine that was still covered in all of my tin and cooling stuff.  So I spent some time stripping the stuff off of it.  The thermostat and flaps were the most fun as I had no idea how they came apart.  A call was placed to my Mr Mee-agi for the key to the ancient puzzle.  I couldn't figure it out with the covering of oil and the cylinder tin still on it.  I was told the rod just slides out.  I took the cylinder tin off and Josh comes over and simply pops it off....   Well sure now that you can see the slot with the tin off....

Here is Mr. Nacho cleaning some of the usage off of his new prize with some degreaser.

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #7
He has been working on it after work and such keeping me up to date through texts.

Here is where he was with the last pictures that he sent to me...

Now I am sure that it looks some what different as he has bought all an new doghouse cooling set up, but this is the only other picture I have...   The lovery Donna helped him get it off the back of his truck and onto the ground.  She rocks.  She also made a parts run for us and picked up lunch on the way back.

Nacho needs to learn how to use Photobucket on his phone.....

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #8
While I and Josh were there we also installed his cheese grater firewall by drilling holes and running screws through them. 

Nacho installed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, and distribution block to it before we put it into the car.

That was when he killed three of my drill bits......

:haha:

He will have to take pictures of where it is now and post them for us to see....

:cheers:

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #9
That orange looks suprisingly familiar to me...

If Nacho was to be smart, he would get EDIS on that motor...  1/2 off all the stuff this weekend at Pic-n-Pull...
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #10
Nacho works all weekend long. :2down:
eZuVor--Go Forward
When did that happen?

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #11
Well I went over to Nacho's house on Saturday night after I was done with baseball and my dinner.  I got there around 8:30 PM after being pulled over on the way for a tail light being out. 

I hooked up all of the fuel lines and installed the distributor, the right way I hope.  It was between the intake closing and exhaust opening with the TDC mark lined up with the case seperation line.

The problem that I ran into after I got the fuel through the pump to each carb was that there are extra wires that I do not know where they go to.  I have abandoned the stock junk long ago, I can wire the MSD with out looking at a diagram, but not the stock stuff.

So I had one wire marked to go to the coil positive.  That was all.  While under the car I found three wires that were unattached.
One of them went to the started solenoind.

The other two were bundled toghter and I thought that the longer of the two might go to the coil, but it just barely would reach that position.  The other wire was much shorter and would not really poke out from behind the tin.  I think that it might go to the starter solenoind as well.  The solenoid had another clean looking terminal on it and the short wire makes sense to go there now that I think about it.

Perhaps one of you out there in early land could jump in and help our friend out as he wishes to take it to the Dubtoberfest show this coming weekend.

It needs the spark and then the carbs synched and linkage hooked up.
Oh and the coil needs to be mounted on the firewall with a new coil wire as well.

I think with those items he could have a running driving car again.

My resources are all used up this week with no extra time to give.

Reply #12
Come on Volksters lets get this man a driveable VW!

Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

• BuginU2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

The Nacho Chronicles
Reply #13
Dubs, donuts, & Nacho's car. 

I promised Nacho that I'd help him get his car started, sorry it took so long to finally make it.

No power to the engine - found loose wire under the back seat.

Now we have power to the coil.  Checked the rotor to see if it was pointed in the right direction.  Found the dizzy wasn't fully engaged and the rotor would spin freely.  The clamp that holds the dizzy was tweaked, so we pulled the one that was holding the eyeball on my engine out and put it on Nacho's.  Verified the plug wires and Catbox cranked it over.  Spark but no go.  Pumped the gas on each carb a few dozen times.  Bingo!  It fired right up.

Adjusted the linkage and temp mounted the coil on the fan shroud.
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/buginu2/a27c1096.mp4

Nacho needs to adjust his clutch.....along with a few other things.  At least it runs now! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:41:28 PM by BuginU2

Reply #14
drools* looks grate wish mine was looken that good