Skip to main content

Topic: Revs 71 (Read 82237 times) previous topic - next topic

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Re: Revs 71
Reply #330
I am with Markie.

On my new big engine all the research I have done has lead me to the NGK plugs.
I only use the Bosch ones as they are cheap enough for my stock junk.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #331
Hey! Your "stock junk" is my, uh, stock junk.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #332
Sooo, Im running 175/65/15's and they brought the car down 2 inches - with the previous drop through my adjustable struts I am sitting 3.5# off the pavement at the swaybar. 

Question for the group:  How low would you go for a daily?
I havent had any problems at this height...even with about 550 pounds in it the other day...but Im thinking about going another inch on the struts...What do you think?  Am I asking for trouble?

1971 Super Beetle

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #333
More than likely you will find that you are happy at the height you are currently at.
I started out too low.
I was low enough that I smashed the tow hook into those big speed bumps until it broke off.
That was with just me in the car.
I then took it all back apart and raised it one notch on the strut bodies and realinged it all.
That is my current ride height.

I can just get my floor jack under the front...if I push up on the bumper as I push it in there.
I still hit stuff with either the sway bar mounts or the control arm mount occasionally.
With it at this height I can go to Costco and Winco in the same trip like I did last week.
I filled it with $300 worth of stuff.
It was riding low all the way home....
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #334
 What notch are you on peter?  I think I am three from the bottom on my struts.  I saw your car today and your tires look closer to the fender lip than mine but my tires might be smaller than yours.

I mostly want to lower it some more to close the gap
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #335
Perfect Stance For A Daily IMO

Reply #336
 :stupid: But you will need a kidney dialysis machine in the back seat as you get older....
Folkswerks.com
Cultwagen.com

Gangsta Dork

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #337

:stupid: But you will need a kidney dialysis machine in the back seat as you get older....

Thats funny right there....  :headbang:

What notch are you on peter?  I think I am three from the bottom on my struts.  I saw your car today and your tires look closer to the fender lip than mine but my tires might be smaller than yours.

I mostly want to lower it some more to close the gap

I think that I am at three from the bottom as well.
I do have larger tires on mine as they are 185/60's and when I was lower I had to roll the fender lip from front to back on both sides so that I could sort of turn with out rubbing to much. The top inch or so of the tire was tucked up in there with nobody in the car....

Now the fender has just a bit of a gap above the tire when empty and now it only rubs when I am at full turn.

:2up:
  • Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:22:41 PM by CatBox

Reply #338
Your a little younger than i remember last Peter..   :2up:

Reply #339

Perfect Stance For A Daily IMO

Yeah, bet that thing rode a tad' rough.  Way too low... :wink:

-Raleigh-

`58 Rag  
`56 Euro Oval
`67 sunroof (gone)

Reply #340

That is one good lookin', soon to be, "sleeper" of a Super.  Cool pic of Max too.  :2up:
-Raleigh-

`58 Rag  
`56 Euro Oval
`67 sunroof (gone)

Reply #341

Sooo, Im running 175/65/15's and they brought the car down 2 inches - with the previous drop through my adjustable struts I am sitting 3.5# off the pavement at the swaybar. 

Question for the group:  How low would you go for a daily?
I havent had any problems at this height...even with about 550 pounds in it the other day...but Im thinking about going another inch on the struts...What do you think?  Am I asking for trouble?

Seen you turning left behind Winco off Corneilus Pass Road in Hillsboro about a month or so ago.  Your car looked good waiting at the light with your roof rack on, etc.   :2up:
-Raleigh-

`58 Rag  
`56 Euro Oval
`67 sunroof (gone)

Reply #342
thnx.  It certinly aint no show car but after nearly 5 years i'm gteting happy with the look.
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #343
My own private Beach Cruze.  Gearhart was beautiful and deserted last Wednesday afternoon.  I was in Cannon beach for a conference and took a little side trip....

1971 Super Beetle

Reply #344
nice picture   :2up: