Skip to main content

Topic: Revs 71 (Read 82238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Revs 71
Reply #120
Three bucks to check your balls.....I smell a rat!
Folkswerks.com
Cultwagen.com

Gangsta Dork

Reply #121
this is like playing Golf....there is just no good way to say some of the things that have to be said :-) ...
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #122
I dont suppose anyone has a linkage for these things lying around that they want to sell????
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #123

I dont suppose anyone has a linkage for these things lying around that they want to sell????

dive nose first into parts bin* sadly no v.v

Reply #124
Carbs half in.  Hoses hooked up for fuel and for the crossover for the manifolds....now just waiting on Jeff from the Kaddieshack!!!

• Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:17:58 PM by Revs71
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #125
Alright, I am not beating on you mark, however, those K&N style air cleaners need to be "charged".  There is a kit that comes with specially formulated cleaner and oil for maintaining your filters for optimum performance.  The clean filter gets sprayed with oil so that it attracts dirt and debris better and the cleaner is designed to break down the oil so that they can be cleaned, dried and re-oiled.  Just like new.  Untreated and some particles get through the filter.  I know that Baxter's and DIP carry the K&N filter oiling kits.
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #126
If you have air vents in the deck lid, those filters will allow the rain to get into your engine.

Make sure you take that into consideration.

I made a simple raintray for my decklid as it was the four vent type.  Yours should be the two vent type and you can find a factory style one if you looked hard enough.  They didn't make them for the four vent lids....

The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #127
Thanks for looking out for me....as fate would have it....I bought the stuff to charge the filters when I purchased the filters but have not sprayed it on yet since Im just geting them set up and not running them any where....the water on the engine in the pic was there before the carb and my current storage habit helps keep all that water out of there.

Id like to hear more about your set-up to keep the water out of the louvres...I have yer typical 2 vent deck lid for a 71 super.
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #128
Now all I need is the check ball from Jeff

• Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:52:45 PM by Revs71
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #129
Did you get your discount with that?  :driving:
Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #130
totally. :cheers2:
1971 Super Beetle

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #131
You totally don't need to use the little "L" bracket that goes from the post to the fan shroud.

It causes rubbing problems on the linkage arm that goes under the alternator.

I never even had it or knew about it until I saw it on Duanes car and inquired about it.

As for the rain tray that I made it is buried in the Catbox Files around I think page 17.....but don't take that for fact.....

It is now on Trevor's car.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #132
hey thanks for the info, 

I noticed that about the linkage on the samba.  it was gonna be 1 of my questions for you guys but I guess you answered it.  I also noticed you had to drill out a little ball linkage parts on the original arms.  I took care of that last night and am ready to go now...... just waiting on that dang ball.
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #133
Alright,

Got the Air Filters oiled (this one is "wicking" per the instructions....)

I also got the linkage installed....One thing I noticed was that it is not 90 degrees to the fan shroud when the idle arm is at rest...is this right?

Also, any thoughts as to the set up -- look right to you guys?  I know the nut that goes on the top of the linkage at the generator stand is not on yet....its coming.

Thanks!
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #134
Looks good..