Skip to main content

Topic: Revs 71 (Read 82238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Revs 71
Reply #75
Thats c-box.  I would stack gaskets...but I'm running an electric pump.  I will have to check into the holley regulator.

Is this the one your talking about.....
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #76
i used and liked this one
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1186375

same one AJ Sims recommends and uses  :2up:

Reply #77
do you know the maker/model for this?
1971 Super Beetle

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #78
Yes the Holley looks correct.

You just want to make sure it is the low pressure version, as the regular version is for the larger V-8's and such.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #79

do you know the maker/model for this?

no call AJ at www.lowbugget.com

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #80
AJ Simms is sadly a major failure in the customer service area. Just read the reviews on the Samba about him.
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #81

AJ Simms is sadly a major failure in the customer service area. Just read the reviews on the Samba about him.

this is very true sorry  :lame:

Reply #82
Well,

I was inspired after donuts to work on the super....got er running....I think I have a fan shroud knock, either that or exhaust against the fender.....as long as its not internal Im inclined to to care too much.  Onward on more toward a drivable vw!
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #83
Here is the verdict on my motor....The gland nut came loose so the flywheel was flopping around in the bell housing...It wobbled out the pin holes in both the crank and the flywheel.  Thankfully, all I have to replace is the flywheel, the crank, and the mains....should be ok I think after that....Oddly enough I found that I have an 8 doweled lightened flywheel in my stash as I was looking for spare parts...fun day!
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #84
yay another 71 super!!! i has one to , tho i need my morot rebuilt (leaking oil like a siv and not running

Reply #85
i hear you Silvie....I've been workin on this car since October '10
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #86
ya but our is my mate main transit and we just got it so it being dead is not good

Reply #87
This was my daily until my 1641 spun a bearing....it has not been replaced either.
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #88
awww that sux... maybe we should all have a super day xD just rebuild all the motors Assembly line style xD :beat_deadhorse: then have a nice big bbq dinner (i love to cook)

• Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:48:57 PM by silviefox

Reply #89
Since last Friday...engine out...problem diagnosed...engine torn down to nothing...bearings replaced, crank replaced, flywheel replaced, gland nut replaced....engine reassembled and back in the car...time to static time and start er up.

1971 Super Beetle