Skip to main content

Topic: Revs 71 (Read 83381 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Revs 71
Reply #30
on a stock single carb set up i would stick with the factory mechanical. i just like the KISS idea

:dontknow:
current cars: 2005 Jetta GLI 1.8t 6-spd stage 2, 1976 Jeep CJ-5

Past cars: 1993 SLC corrado, 1969 std beetle, 1965 beetle, 1984 jetta GLI

Reply #31
 stock isnt an option right now...though it is my preference...bummer.

Ill check into the rotary pump
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #32
I went rogue and picked up a cartar rotary pump from Napa for about 4 dollars less than DIP.....mostly because they didnt have one in stock....Hopefully I will get it in an installed tomorrow....

Good news though...Today I managed to get the external filter mounted up...hopefully I can get the car started tomorrow!

Thanks again Kev for the mount -- I had to flip 'er around though to make it work today.
1971 Super Beetle

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #33
Cool, glad it worked!  Did you have to reverse it because of the bumper bolts?  Nice wire job.
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #34
What is the function of that piece of bailing wire?  :dontknow:

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #35
Supporting the oil lines so they don't hang down to far and catch on stuff.
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #36
....and keeping them away from the header....and because it looks so stylish...dont you think? :shocked:
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #37

Cool, glad it worked!  Did you have to reverse it because of the bumper bolts?  Nice wire job.

I decided I didnt need the frustration of the bolts right now so I just flipped it, rebent it, drilled two holes and used a couple of my spare bolts.  Worked Like a charm.

Btw....no wetsanding for me tomorrow --Im all about getting the fuel pump in and getting this sucker started. 
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #38
Todays score.

• Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:32:03 PM by Revs71
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #39
Got the Fuel pump installed and I hot wired it temporarily to work.  Does anyone have experience with this relay wiring.  I have a diagram and get how to wire it into the fuel pump and generator I am just wondering which Fuse I should attach it to.  Anyone have any experience they care to share?

1971 Super Beetle

Reply #40
I just have mine wired to my ignition. No relay needed.  When the car is on. It's running. I put mine under the tank on the pan. They like to push the fuel more than pull it I was told.
Folkswerks.com
Cultwagen.com

Gangsta Dork

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #41
Make sure you keep a good eye on the bolts that attach the manifolds to the heads if you are going to run the Kadrons on the single port manifolds.

If you have a dual port engine, disregard.  I ran mine and never tightened them back down, no issues.

Not to long ago I sold a set of the single port manifolds for a single port for a sum of $75....
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

Reply #42
I got these for a steal....Im working on cleaning them now but wont think about running them until I have at least 1 working motor.

1971 Super Beetle

Reply #43

Got the Fuel pump installed and I hot wired it temporarily to work.  Does anyone have experience with this relay wiring.  I have a diagram and get how to wire it into the fuel pump and generator I am just wondering which Fuse I should attach it to.  Anyone have any experience they care to share?

Check the output pressure of this pump. Most of the carbs used on aircooled engines can't handle a lot of pressure. The output of generic pumps is often too high and overwhelms the float valves and flood the carb. A lot of generic pumps are made for 'murican cars and put out 7+ psi. Might be a bit too much.

Reply #44
Thanks for the advice.  its rated st 1'5-3..no problems yet.  No drips in carb-seems to be running fine
1971 Super Beetle