Re: JBJetta's Drop Box
Reply #630
Must be nice to have AC ...   :rotflmao:
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

Reply #631
It is pretty nice I must say.... But it doesn't have that fancy vent that my Jeep has that makes it all the better  :rotflmao:
Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #632
I just took it in for the 20k mile service after only 11 months of ownership ha ha. Ugh. Still just love this car. Last two tanks even with running the A/C and passing slow people I've still be averaging 590+ miles to a tank for about $53 :2up: I just put $20 in the tank before I got around to taking a picture.

Sure, there are a few things that I don't like about the car. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #633
I haven't been doing much car stuff this last month besides the beach cruise (I need to get around to uploading all of my pics somewhere of it. Can't seem to post them to the FB page).

I've been enjoying the heck out of my car though! I've been gone every weekend this month taking trips all over Oregon and up into Washington taking videos of my snorkeling adventures and a nice jump off of Lower Lewis Falls. Been working on my video editing skills. Everything is coming along nicely.

I am thinking of selling my Corvair to fund a new hobby. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those fancy quad copters with the HD camera w/ gimble system to start taking aerial footage of the places I go. I know I could get some awesome pics and video if I had one.

Here are a few videos from my trips this month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhlP-2WWR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7d1YHMH2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PHzC3dQtE

And one of me swimming with the fishes  :cheers2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2N8MhMdxY
  • Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:43:50 PM by jbjetta

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #634
nice Josh
1971 Super Beetle

Reply #635
Thanks Mark!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #636
I can't share too much right now... But I'm not long for the west coast. I need to go through my vw stuff and may start selling/giving away stuff from here unless I have gone through it all before the next meeting

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #637
I seem to find the coolest things at my local Goodwill. I spotted this gem under the display case  :headbang: I walked away with it for a mere $2 bill. Not that I keep any cd's in my car. And the 6 disc player in the dash is currently empty. I've been thinking of making up some mp3 cd's for fun anyways. I guess I have more of a reason to now.

A quick google search did not pull up any pictures of said case anywhere on the net. I seen other state license plates made into cd cases, but no Vw plates. This might be a one off thing. Curious of how it ended up at Goodwill  :dontknow:

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #638
I want one of those, just not made into a CD wallet.  :D
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

Reply #639
Thanks Ryan! I'll keep a look out for you ha ha. I'm pretty sure I can come up with something.

Also forgot to post a pic of the new shoes I got for the Jetta. Some of you have seen them. Still haven't done anything else besides drive the crap out of it. 1 year and 3 months in and I have 31k on it now. Only issue I have so far is one cold night, a mouse chewed up some engine cover foam and part of the wire sheathing on an injector to make a nest. I need to get some pics. No major damage.

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #640
The wheels really set it off.  Maybe next year I can find some for Lisa's Jetta.
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

Reply #641
I'm trying to decide if I want to keep these ones or if I will run my factory ones to Florida. I don't have the room to take the factory wheels with me. I've been thinking of offing them. I've been thinking what I would do down the road if I did decide to trade this in for a GTD should they ever bring it to the US. I guess I could find some other Vw's wheels in Florida to slap on it. But I may just play it safe and sell these wheels and get some other ones in Florida.

I'll let you know if I decide to let them go. I'll even make you a good deal on them ha ha!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #642
I went up to one of my favorite spots the other day to get some photos with the new wheels on the car. I wasn't disappointed. I need to make another photo op day visiting places I've taken pictures of my other cars. Like the train trussel, the Tanasbourne roof top, etc. I am willing to have others follow me for some good photo opportunities if anyone is interested.

I lucked out on this one. If you have a good enough imagination... You can see a Vw in the clouds  :wink: I love the reflection of the tree and sunset on the trunk lid. And just numerous other details

This makes for a great FB cover photo

I just love this tree

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #643
 :2up:
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict