Skip to main content

Topic: The Squareback Zone! (Read 60312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Squareback Zone!
Reply #285
KEEP THE DELLS!!!  The air cleaners I have seen on Type 3's have been very short.  Like an inch tall.  I do have a die that will extend the thread.
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #286
Cool beans Mark. I will need some help tuning the dells and setting timing etc.
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

• CatBox
  • [*]
  • Volkster

Reply #287
Just a question here....

Are there different intake manifolds for the type 3 dual dell/idf's?
And are you using type 1 manifolds?

That could be and issue.

Your engine will love the dells, not ICT's.
The worst performance mod is whatever you're limited to because you convinced yourself (or others) that anything bigger or faster was too extreme for a street car.

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #288
The intakes are Type 3...
"Our Faster is Faster than their Faster" as seen on a local motorcycle company truck...

Reply #289
Have you happened to have measured the maximum filter height you could run?  The shortest ones that I found for yours online in that rectangle design is 1 3/4". http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Bugpack-Replacement-Rectangular-Filter-Element-p/1600-12.htm

I need the 1 1/8" filters for my FRDs for the Fasty. I believe I have the type 3 manifolds as well. I might know of someone who has a set of the short Dellorto intakes for them so I can run the 1 3/4" filters for better flow. These are what I need for my Baby Dells http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=3302.
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:26:34 PM by jbjetta
Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #290
OK I went to see Mike the Awesome at DIP today... Turns out I need the CB performance kit, which includes filters, intakes (which I DONT need), and linkage... Only problem is it is about 150 bucks. 

The only onther option would be to cut the deck to open it up, and raise the floor by about 2 inches.  Probably be a lot cheaper but a lot of welding, etc.

Or just forget the air cleaners lol...

I saw a picture of someone that has microphone screens on the carbs, kinda cool.

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #291
I also got my oil filter installed and the lines are run, all ready for oil. I picked up the zinc break in stuff today as well.

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #292
OK I can get just the air cleaners for about 70 bucks...  IF the crossbar will work with the CB bases. 

What do you guys recomend for oil?

Reply #293

What do you guys recomend for oil?

I wouldn't ask that around here... You might start a fight  :rotflmao:
Schneller Dummkopf! Aus meinen Weg!

Current Vw(s)
'13 Jetta TDI (Lucifer)

Reply #294
Aww man. sucks to hear of fit issues but DAMN that looks super sexy in there!  Nice job man! Sorry I was gone for the weekend or I would have come help.
RyanB

66 Baja

Certified Project addict

Reply #295

I wouldn't ask that around here... You might start a fight  :rotflmao:

Oh, yeah.  Good times.   :cheers2:
Mark

1967 Convertible
1967 Ragtop (really)-SOLD IT!
1967 Standard Bus
1974 Thing
1977 Rabbit

Reply #296
I can't wait to see it all done!
1971 Squareback (project) "Maud" and the Donor "FrankenMaud"
2013 Jetta TDI "Gunther"

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #297
Ok i am going to chop the risers down on my linkages and get the shortest universal cleaners.

I got the fresh air boxes and the wiper motor assembly installed. A little bit each day.

Reply #298
1971 Super Beetle

• Kev
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Hebmuller

Reply #299
Anyone have a battery they are not using that I can borrow?  I need to buy one, but not enough money right now... I just want to check the electrical system, and turn the motor over to get oil through it, etc...